I made this chocolate cake for my son Andrew's 11th birthday today. I call it a quick mix chocolate cake because the steps for making this cake are simple and quick. It's just a plain chocolate cake with no nuts or fruits added. This cake turn out soft, moist and delicious. Kids will love it!
A photo of our birthday brunch:
1 1/2 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
white chocolate to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 23cm round springform or a cake pan. Line with baking paper.
2. In a small pot, place the butter, milk and cocoa powder in and melt the butter in medium low heat. Using a whisk to stir until the mixture is smooth. Do not boil it. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat eggs and sugar together until very light and fluffy. Sift in flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until smooth.
4. Add in vanilla extract and the cocoa mixture and beat until well mixed.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre and comes out dry and clean.
6. When the cake is completely cooled. Garnish with shaved white chocolate or sprinkle with icing sugar!