This torte is moist and chocolicious! Topped with fresh whipped cream, raspberries and blueberries, it's attractive and presentable.
1 1/3 cups (160g) flour
2 large eggs
110g butter, soften
1 cups (200g) sugar
150ml boiling water
1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
250g fresh whipped cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
Raspberries and Blueberries
1. Grease and line the springform. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Pour boiling water over cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Set aside and let it to cool. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract.
4. Add flour mixture alternately with cocoa mixture until smooth and lump free. Pour the batter into the springform.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the middle and come out clean. Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Whip the fresh cream with icing sugar. Spread on the torte when it's completely cooled. Arrange the raspberries and blueberries over it.