After our trip to the strawberry farm, I had made jam, tarts and this strawberry shortcake. I like the biscuit to be a little softer. So I've made some changes with the ingredients.
For me, it is better to make a smaller size biscuit type strawberry shortcake. I've tried making one with 2 layers of 20cm biscuits but find that it was not so easy to cut it. Or after cutting, it didn't look so nice anymore. So if I were to make a 20cm 2 layers strawberry shortcake again, I would choose to make one with a spongecake.
Here are the ingredients for the shortcake:
400g strawberry, cut or sliced
170g all purpose flour
1 organic egg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml whipped cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Lay grease paper on a baking tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar until combine. Mix in egg, vanilla extract, then baking powder and flour until just combine.
3. It will form a dough. Roll the dough into a long round shape. Devide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
4. Using the palms, roll each individual dough into a ball.
5. Place the 12 balls on the tray with 4cm space apart. Bake for 15 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool biscuits on wire rack.
6. Whip the whipped cream together with the icing sugar. To serve, place a biscuit on a serving dish, spread some whipped cream, layer with strawberry, top with another biscuit and finish with more whipped cream and strawberry. Or you can be creative and serve them your own style and creation.