These strawberry tarts made with puff pastry are quick and easy. Cream cheese or mascarpone can be used instead of ricotta and they taste just as good!
This is something for the time when you have friends over and you want something quick to fix but look impressive!
180g organic strawberry, cut
275g ready-made puff pastry, thawed
180g ricotta cheese
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut the puff pastry into little squares. I used a 25 x 42cm ready-made puff pastry and cut into 15 pieces 7.5 x 7.5cm square. Fold the square pastry to form a triangle. Using finger, tap a little bit of water at the edges so that they stick together.
3. With a sharp knife, make a 1cm triangle border making sure not to cut through.
4. With a fork, prick the centre of the triangle once or twice. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until they are puffed and brown.
5. Remove pastry from oven, press down the little triangle in the centre and set aside to cool.
6. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, blend the 6 strawberries until smooth. Add blended strawberry, sugar and jam in a small pot and cook over medium heat. Stir and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes or until the sauce thicken.
7. Once the triangles and the sauce are cooled. spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese in the middle of the pastry. Top with strawberries and sauce.