These healthy banana walnut muffins can be something extra in your kid's lunch box! Or something to bring along for your next outing! Most of the ingredients I used in this recipe are organic. I sometimes make these on Saturday night and we then have them for breakfast on the next day.
1/2 cup organic wholemeal plain flour
1/2 cup organic white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
60g organic butter, soften
1 organic egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup organic milk
2 organic banana, mashed
1/2 cup walnut, roughly chopped
makes 6 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 190 degree C
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix together butter, banana, egg, milk and mix well. Then add in chopped walnut and mix.
4. Combine the banana mixture with the dry ingredients, just to combine, not to over beat.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin cases, filling cases two-thirds full. Springkle nuts or sugar deco on top if desire. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool muffins in tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on wire racks.