Ads

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Easter Chocolate Nests



Spring is here!  Hooray!  It had been sunny and warmer the last few days.  The kids were happily playing outdoor.  Angelica, my daughter asked about when will we go for a picnic.  They're just excited that spring is here knowing that there're a lot of outdoor activities they can do.  After tomorrow, Andrew will have his Easter school break for more than two weeks.

Knowing that Easter is near, the kids have started eggs painting.  They also asked for marzipan to make some rabbit figures.  And I, I had been digging my recipes collections looking for Easter recipes, and the first one I found was this.

This chocolate nests are very easy to make.  Children can help out and have fun together.  Angelica was at my side all the time when I made this.  She was helping some, but I think she had eaten more of the unfinished nest then helping!  She kept saying "Mama, I think you have toooo much of the chocolate corn flakes mixture..... So I'm going to help you to eat some...."  :-)



Ingredients:
130g plain chocolate
25g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
50g corn flakes or choco crisp
72 mini chocolate eggs or egg shaped candies
24 mini muffin cases

Method:
1.  Put the muffin cases into a mini muffin tray.

2.  Break the chocolate into small squares and put in a large pan together with butter and golden syrup. Heat the pan gently, stirring all the time until they have completely melted. Turn off the heat, add the corn flakes. Stir gently until all corn flakes are coated with chocolate.

3.  Fill the muffin cases with the mixture. Using the back of a teaspoon, make a well in the middle of each nest. Arrange three mini eggs in each nest.
4.  Put the tray in the fridge for at least an hour or until you want to serve them.

6.  This recipe makes 24 mini muffin size nest but you can also use a cupcake tray and make 10.







No comments:

Post a Comment