Ads

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicken Meat Balls


So I bought some chicken breast meat with the intention of making my mother's version of egg rolls.  I even thought of a name for it thinking of sharing it here.  But after blending the meat, I said to myself "hmm... this minced meat's texture looks like it's good to make meat balls....".  So I took a bit of the meat, mix with some tapioca flour and tried it.  And it worked!

So plan changed, and I made these meat balls instead!

Ingredients:
300g chicken, minced
6 prawn, minced
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp tapioca flour
some pepper



Method:
1.  Blend the meat in a food blender.

2.  Mix all the ingredients together.   It is best to use the hand so as to assure that the seasoning is mixed well.  Add a tiny bit of water if the mixture is too dry.

3.  Boil a pot of water or broth.   To shape the meat into a ball, wet the hands with some cool water.  So that the meat won't stick on the hand.  Otherwise you can use two spoons, dip into the water before scooping the mixture.

4.  Cook in boiling water for about a minute or two.  The meat balls are done when they float.

No comments:

Post a Comment